SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Senior Cyberscurity Specialist with 15+ years of industrial experience in Information Technology (IT), currently working as a full time professor and researcher for both the Computer and Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity Departments at Champlain College, USA. Ali provides consulting in several areas of security including digital forensics and incident response, cyber threat hunting, and penetration testing. Ali is also an author, speaker, and freelance instructor where he delivered technical training to law enforcement agencies, banks, telecoms, private companies, and other institutes. Ali's research interests include digital forensics, incident response, cyber threat hunting, and malware analysis.
- Assistant Professor, Champlain College, both the Computer and Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity Deptartments, ITS Division, Jan 2018 - present.
- Assistant Professor, Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT), Computer Science Dept., King Hussein Faculty of Computing Sciences, Sep 2014 - Jan 2018.
- Assistant Professor, Philadelphia University, Business Networking and Systems Management Dept., Sep 2011 - Sep 2014.
- Visiting Lecturer, Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT), Computer Science Dept., King Hussein Faculty of Computing Sciences, Sep 2012 - Sep 2014.
- Visiting Lecturer, University of Petra, Computer Networking Dept., Feb 2014 - Jun 2014.
- Visiting Lecturer, Al-Balqa University, College of Technology Engineering, 2003 - 2004.
TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE (detailed list removed)
- Digital Forensic Examiner and Cybersecurity Researcher (ArabNIX | 4orensics) - Freelancer.
- If you are interested in professional services such as consultation or training? Contact me.
- PhD in Computer Information Systems, College of IT, University of Banking and Financial Sciences, 2010.
Research: A Hybrid Port-Knocking Technique for Host Authentication
- MS in Computer Information Systems, College of IT, Arab Academy for Banking and Financial Sciences, 2004.
Research: Software Maintenance using a New Plug-in Engine Technique
- BS in Computer Science, College of Science, Philadelphia University, 2002.
Graduate Project: Form Shape Designer for MP3 Player with Sound Effects
CERTIFICATES & ACHIEVEMENTS (20+)
- CCNA Cyber OPS Instructor
- Cellebrite Certified Task Instructor, (CCTI)
- Cellebrite Certified Physical Analyst, (CCPA)
- Cellebrite Certified Operator, (CCO)
- Certified EC-Council Instructor, (CEI)
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator , CHFI.
- Offensive Security Certified Professional, OSCP
- EC-Council Certified Security Analyst, ECSA v9
- Certified Ethical Hacker, C|EH v9
- IBM Certified Specialist – System p Administration, UNIX AIX System
- IBM Certified Deployment Professional – Tivoli Storage Manager V5.3
- Novell Data Center Advanced Technical Specialist Certification, DCATS
- Novell Data Center Technical Specialist Certification, DCTS
- Certified Novell Instructor, CNI
- Novell Certified Linux Administrator 10, CLA10
- Novell Certified Linux Desktop Administrator, CLDA
- IBM DB2 under Linux
- Novell Linux Technical Specialist
- Novell Certified Linux Professional 10, CLP10
- Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE
- HP ProCurve Networking
- Journals and Conference Reviewer
- Journal of Network and Computer Applications, URL
- Scientific Committee, IT-DREPS Conference, Faculty of Information Technology, University of Petra (UoP), Amman/Jordan. 6-7 December 2017.
- Technical Chair, Cybersecurity & Cyberforensics Conference, King Abdullah II School for Information Technology (KASIT), University of Jordan (UoJ), Amman, Jordan, 2-4 August 2016.
- Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT) - (2015 to 2018)
- Driector, Cellebrite Mobile Forensics Research Lab
- Cyber Threat Hunting Research Lab Director
Data Science Research Lab Technical Director
- Technical Chair and Conference Organizer, International Conference on new Trends in Computing Sciences (ICTCS) 2017, Amman/Jordan, 8-10 August 2017.
- Director, Information Systems Security and Digital Criminology (ISSC) MSc Program
- Member, ISSC Comprehensive Examination Committee
Head of the ISSC Comprehensive Examination Committee(2015 to 2017)
- Member, Graduation Projects Examination Committee
- Member, Graduate Studies Committee.
- Member, Course Development Committee.
- Member, PSUT Infrastructure Committee.
Head, College Infrastructure (Labs) Committee. Supervisor, PSUT InfoSec Club. URLs: Twitter, Facebook.(2015 to 2017)
- Philadelphia University (2011 to 2014)
- Head of Dept. Computer Networks Training Program.
- Head of the College Website Auditing Committee.
- Member of the R&D for the Business Networking and Systems Management Department Committee.
- Member of the Marketing Committee.
- Hakin9 Security Magazine
Contributor and Column Editorfor the security case studies at Hakin9 (Security Magazine).
- Academia Practitioner Liaison. DFIR Review. (2019 - Present).
- Advisor at Codability. Codability is an Annual Non-Profit Summer Programming Camp for Kids. (2016 - 2018).
- Webmaster and Co-Founder of the Jordan Information Security and Digital Forensic Research Group. (2015 - Present).
- Webmaster and Co-Founder of the Linux Arab Community. (2006 - Present).
- Webmaster and Co-Founder of the Security for Arab Community. (2009 - Present).